I count myself lucky, exceptionally, wildly and unbelievably lucky. Every day without exception I wake up happy – I just can’t wait to start a new day and it’s always a brand new day isn’t it. I mean just about everything you did yesterday is over – left behind – and today is a brand new white sheet to get big muddy paw prints all over!
Now, that said, I realise that I’m one of the lucky ones – there’s that word again – I do understand that not everyone wakes up feeling like I do and I’m sad about that. As a dog I’m inherently blessed to ‘not sweat the small’ stuff and ultimately live a very mindful life (you could try that too).
Anyhow we came across this article that was just bursting with ideas on how to get inspired which can only lead to happiness and that can lead to who knows where! Some of their suggestions included:
- Create a vision board
- Watch 40 inspirational speeches in 2 minutes
- Take a camera outside and photo anything you find beautiful
- Meditate or practice yoga in your garden or nearby park
- Watch your dog play (this is my favourite one) or watch the complete mindfulness of your cat
- Write in a journal or create a picture journal
There were many many ideas, here’s the full article, but the point is there is always something we can do to improve our situation, make someone else smile and ultimately move towards happiness. I mean just take a look at my brother hanging out here … now doesn’t that make you smile? Look out for happiness, hang on to it, let me know how it goes?